Looking for answers to all of your HR and Benefits related questions? You are in
the right place. Simply type your
question into the search box and
Ask HR!
developed by HR Unit IT
& HR Communications

Increase in Hours Affect on Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account

Question: I have recently had a job change and it was an increase in hours. Can I change my Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account elections?

Answer: Yes. If your work schedule changes (including to or from a part-time status), changing the hours of child care required and the amount of eligible dependent care expenses, you may increase the election amount, consistent with the change in cost for daycare. See Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts for more information. To make a change, the completed Dependent Care FSA Request for Change in Status form must be submitted within 30 days of your job change. The changes will be effective the first of the month following receipt of the form. 
Article #282


Posted: 16 Oct, 2008
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this site. However, if any provision on these documents is unclear or ambiguous, University Human Resources reserves the right to interpret the document and resolve the problem. If any inconsistency exists between this site and any written plans or contracts, the actual provisions of the latter will govern. The University in its sole discretion may modify, amend, or terminate the contents of these documents with respect to any eligible individual - including active employees, retirees, and their dependents.