Looking for answers to all of your HR and Benefits related questions? You are in
the right place. Simply type your
question into the search box and
Ask HR!
developed by HR Unit IT
& HR Communications

Both Spouses Contributing to FSA

Question: My spouse and I each work for the university. Can we each contribute the annual limit to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?


Yes. If you and your spouse each have a Health Care FSA, you may each contribute the annual maximum to your accounts, however, you may not submit the same claims to both accounts, and you may not transfer funds between accounts. The Dependent Care FSA annual limit is per household, and you are limited to the annual contribution amount between the two of you. For more information on annual contribution limits, see Flexible Spending Account Eligibility and Enrollment.

Article #799


Posted: 11 Sep, 2015
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this site. However, if any provision on these documents is unclear or ambiguous, University Human Resources reserves the right to interpret the document and resolve the problem. If any inconsistency exists between this site and any written plans or contracts, the actual provisions of the latter will govern. The University in its sole discretion may modify, amend, or terminate the contents of these documents with respect to any eligible individual - including active employees, retirees, and their dependents.