Looking for answers to all of your HR and Benefits related questions? You are in
the right place. Simply type your
question into the search box and
Ask HR!
developed by HR Unit IT
& HR Communications

Send Article to a Friend

* Your name:
* Your email:
* Friend's email:

Removing My Other Qualified Adult

Question: How do I remove my OQA from my benefits?

Answer: University policy requires you to remove your OQA from your U-M benefits within 30 days of the date your OQA is no longer eligible. You need to complete the Notice of COBRA Qualifying Event form and submit it to SSC Benefits Transactions by fax at 734-763-0363 within 30 days. To avoid additional premiums and imputed tax liability, report the change as soon as possible.